Oklahoma REAL ID
An Oklahoma REAL ID is a driver license or identification card that is also a federally accepted form of identification. Oklahoma REAL ID cards are marked with a gold star.
PLEASE NOTE: To provide the best possible service, we issue Oklahoma Driver Licenses, State IDs, and REAL IDs by appointment through online booking.
Here’s what you will need to obtain a REAL ID:
- Proof of identity/lawful presence in the U.S. (matching current name).
- Know your Social Security number.
- Provide two (2) proofs of your current Oklahoma address.
For examples of acceptable documents, please read below, or download the REAL ID Document Checklist.
No Real ID is Required IF: you have a valid US Passport, US Passport card, DHS trusted traveler card (Global Entry, NEXIS, SENTRL, FAST), US Department of Defense ID, Permanent resident card, Border crossing card, Federally recognized tribal-issued photo ID, HSPD-12 PIV card, Foreign government-issued passport, US Citizen ship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization card (I-766), US Merchant Mariner Credential.
1. Proof of Identity/Lawful Presence in the U.S.
To apply for a REAL ID card, you must present documentation that includes your date of birth and your true full name. Notarized documents are not accepted.
Please select one (1) document from the following list:
- State-Issued Birth Certificate
- Consular Report of Birth Abroad
- Unexpired Permanent Resident Card
- Unexpired Employment Authorization Card
- Naturalization Certificate
- Unexpired U.S. Passport
- Certificate of Citizenship
- Valid, unexpired foreign passport with a valid, unexpired U.S. visa and valid I-94 issued by DHS
Is your name different from what is listed on a required document?
If your name is different from the document which is presented from Section One above (due to adoption, marriage, divorce, court-ordered name change), or is not the same on all your documents, you must provide additional documents with legal proof of every name change. Each document must be an original or a certified copy. Notarized documents are not accepted.
Please bring one (1) document from the list below for every name change from your Section One document to your current name:
- An official government-issued marriage certificate/license
- Legal adoption paperwork
- Court-ordered or legal name change document(s)
- Court-ordered divorce decree
- A government-issued death certificate of spouse which includes a connection to your current full legal name
2. Know Your Social Security Number
You must provide your Social Security number for verification. Proof of the number is not required – it is only required that you know your number.
3. Provide Two (2) Proofs of Current Oklahoma Address
You must provide two (2) proofs of your current Oklahoma address. Both your name and current residential address must appear on the documents. Junk mail or personal letters will not be accepted. Forwarded mail will not be accepted.
Please bring two (2) documents from the list below:
- Copy of previous year’s federal or Oklahoma tax return filing.
- Utility bill (electric, telephone [home or cell], water, sewer, cable, satellite, heating oil or propane provider) .
- Installment loan contract from a bank or other financial institution (payday loan company documents are not accepted).
- Current deed, mortgage, monthly mortgage statement, or a residential lease.
- Property tax bill or receipt dated within the last 12 months.
- Professional license issued by an Oklahoma governmental agency.
- Certified copy of court order.
- Valid concealed carry permit.
- Current Certificate of Eligibility for Exchange Visitor (J-I) Status (OS-2019).
W-2 wage or 1099 tax form from previous year.
Social Security Administration (SSA) document with Oklahoma street address, dated within the last 12 months.
Oklahoma high school, college, university or technology center transcript for current school year or semester.
Transportation Security Administration (TSA) letter.
Oklahoma motor vehicle title or registration.
Oklahoma boat title or registration.
Tribal vehicle title or license.
Sales tax or business license.
Current homeowner or renter insurance policy or statement.
Public assistance benefit card and correspondence dated within past 12 months.
Correspondence from Oklahoma state agency or federal agency with current address, dated within last 12 months (not forwarded).
Life insurance or automobile liability policy or card with address.
Current documents issued by U.S. Military.
Oklahoma agriculture exemption permit card (farm tax permit).
Oklahoma voter registration card.
Online Tag Renewal
Skip the drive. Renewing your tag online in one secure location has never been easier. Simply gather your personal ID and other pertinent vehicle information and complete your tag renewal online in merely minutes.